Last updated: October 02, 2020
Collection of Information
Use of Your Information
Sharing of Information
Changes to Your Personal Information
Other Sites, Mobile Applications and Services
California Privacy Rights
International Data Transfers
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information you provide to us: Small Business Network may collect the following categories of personal information that you provide to us through the Site, the Service, or otherwise, including but not limited to the following:
- Business and personal contact information: This may include your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and company name.
- Registration and profile information: When you register for the Service, you may provide basic registration information, such as your username and password, as well as other information such as, your photograph, interests, and preferences.
- Feedback or correspondence: Such as the information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage information: Such as information about how you use the Site and Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Site or Service.
- Marketing information: Such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information Collected Automatically: small business network may also collect the following:
- Information collected by cookies and web beacons: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Technical and navigational information: We may collect your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
To provide the Site and the Service: We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our Services, to respond to your inquiries about our Services, and to offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may use your information to improve and personalize the Services and any related services, including future products and services. For example, we may use your information to pre-fill form fields on the Sites for your convenience.
For research and development: We analyze the use of the Site and the Service to analyze and improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Site and the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications: We may send you small business network-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Email Communications section below.
To comply with the law: We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety: We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent: In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymously, aggregated, or de-identified data: We may create anonymously, aggregated, or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Site or the Service and promote our business.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- With third-party service providers that provide services on our behalf to help operate, provide, maintain, and improve our Site or the Service
- With any third party that referred you to the Service
- With third parties in order to provide information and/or offers from our affiliated businesses, partners, and agents, where you have asked to receive information or offers
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes
- In order to investigate, prevent, defend against, or take other action regarding violations of our Terms of Service, illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites or Services
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites’ users or the general public, or as otherwise required by law;
- To professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us; and
- To third parties in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
We take reasonable measures, including firewall barriers, SSL encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You acknowledge, however, that no system is perfectly secure. You use the Site and Services, and provide us with your personal information, at your own risk.
5. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
We may provide our registered customers with email alerts. We may also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting third-party goods or services. Registered customers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
6. CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to access personal information that you have submitted to us or to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted to us, you can contact us to request any corrections to your personal information. You may also email us if you wish to deregister, but even after you deregister, we may retain archived copies of information about you consistent with applicable law.
7. OTHER SITES, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, AND SERVICES
The Site and the Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third-party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
8. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us via email at contact us
You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you.
You may request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request or call 1-800-386-3372. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may conduct an identity verification by a phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, address, or details about your business. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity or to authenticate your identity through an existing account.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to access your information, delete your information, or opt out of the sale of your information. To designate an agent for these purposes:
- You must provide us with a copy of a written and signed permission given to your authorized agent; and
- You must verify your own identity directly with us.
9. BUSINESS TRANSITION
In the event, another entity merges with or acquires SmallBusinessNetwork.co or substantially all of its assets, your personal information may be transferred to that successor or acquiring entity. A court may also order the sale of personal information as an asset in bankruptcy or similar insolvency proceeding.
- We do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” headers.
The Site and the Service are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
13. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.